Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Retired Lawyer Offers Free Copy of Legal Memoir

I’m a retired, octogenarian lawyer and have written and produced an ebook which I think would be a worthwhile read for anyone involved with law, particularly law students, prospective law students and practicing lawyers. My motivation in writing the book was to share my experience,*not financial gain.
    So I’ve decided to distribute the book free of charge to target audiences.* If you would like a complimentry copy let me know in a reply or a personal message and I will make sure you get one.
    I’d particularly like to receive lots of feedback, whether good or bad. I would also welcome questions or requests for advice.

Synopsis:*The title of the book is*New York Lawyer.*During the 1980s nearly one-third of middle management employees of Fortune 500 companies lost their jobs during the period known as "merger mania."**I was one of them.*Following a sixteen year career with one such company in Manhattan, at the age of 49, I found myself unemployed and "on the street" when my company was taken over by Wall Street sharks and broken up. I had been a salaried lawyer all my career but could not compete in that role given my salary expectations and competing with younger lawyers.
    When I went to work for the company, it was squarely in the middle of the Fortune 500 list . The circumstances causing it to end up as a candidate for bankruptcy and target for ravenous speculators is a story all to itself. The book tells how I got there, what happened on the way and how it all ended, all wrapped up in the glamour and excitement provided by the world’s most prominent venue: New York City.

Re: Retired Lawyer Offers Free Copy of Legal Memoir

I would be interested and will send you a private message with email.

I hope it all worked out at least ok, in the end, which it sounds like it did.

Comment

Sure, definite interested party, here.

Comment

It might be interesting perhaps to put a small part of it online here just to get a taste of the subjects.

Comment

So I’ve decided to distribute the book free of charge to target audiences.* If you would like a complimentry copy let me know in a reply or a personal message and I will make sure you get one.
          Careful folks. This may be a spammer farming for an email list.

stevkaprel, if you are really altruistic, post a copy on your website and provide a link to it where we don't have to give you any personal information.

Comment

Ahh never occurred to me either.

Comment

If he doesn't come back, you'll know.

😉

Comment

It seems like a lot of work just to get emails. I think he is legit. Hope he proves I am right.

One way or another.

Comment

Hmm, no return by the person. Still it seems like a complicated way just to get emails.

Comment

Could be he just posted it at many sites. It hasn't been back.

Comment

Jack was maybe right. Weird situation. II never thought.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X