Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lis Pendens/Child Support

I live in Nevada where child support judgment was originated. Non-custodial parent moved to Florida and purchased property. Child support judgment then domesticated in Florida. So I filed a Lis Pendens with regard to the judgment against property in November 06. The non-custodial parent Quit claimed property over to his ex-wife in 01/07. She retained an attorney and they have threatened to file a Slander of Tile suit for wrongful filing of this Lis pendens because they state she is sole owner of this property. Do they have a cause of action and how does the non-custodial parent get to not pay!?!

Child Support/Lis Pendens

I live in Nevada where child support judgment was originated. Non-custodial parent moved to Florida and purchased property. Child support judgment then domesticated in Florida. So I filed a Lis Pendens with regard to the judgment against property in November 06. The non-custodial parent Quit claimed property over to his ex-wife in 01/07. She retained an attorney and they have threatened to file a Slander of Tile suit for wrongful filing of this Lis pendens because they state she is sole owner of this property. Do they have a cause of action and how does the non-custodial parent get to not pay!?!

Comment

Re: Lis Pendens/Child Support

If they quitclaimed solely to avoid his child support obligations the court will not be sympathetic normally, and they will lose; but you will need to show what has happened and what he is trying to do etc. (Paint the deadbeat dad picture.)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X