Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meneral rights-contract for DEED

Hi I have a contract for deed on my 15 acres .Ive had it for 18 years.
    Live in faulkner county Arkansas.
    When I signed it I didn't thank about mineral right.Well the property will be payed off this year and we will be getting the title to the property.
    Falkner county all of a sudden has Natural Gas drilling and I been called several times about mineral rights. Well I didn't know about them so I checked my contract and it seems I don't own the mineral rights.
    Now is there anything I can do before we get the deed on the property to get the mineral right back?
    The realater that holds the contract has sold 1000's of acres on contract for deed .Can I take him to court and fight for the mineral rights before I get the deed on the property?

Re: meneral rights-contract for DEED

the question must be over every ones head.

Comment

Right student only.

Comment

Why do you say you don't own them--do the rights expressly go to somebody else?

Comment

Mineral Rights Question

Recently bought a house and went 50 50 on mineral rights with the lady I bought the house from. We both signed the agreement Oct 10 of last year and closed on the house with the deed on Nov 10 stating 1 half mineral rights.
          2 DAYS before closing on the house, she signed up with XTO energy for a pretty good bonus... so i wouldnt get the half.
          Well I called XTO and they said email or fax the deed and they will see about backdating the monthly payments and their apologies for not retaining the public record. well I did... and nothing.. 4 months later (I work 70 hours a week) i called them.. they were lliterally drilling in my backyard!! they paid her.. not me... they claim they never got the paperwork. so i sent it back to them., made sure someone got it...nothing again... 6 months later.. they are in my backyard again..the guy i spoke with said they are paying whoever they believe own the property.....but the check is being sent to another state...and public records indicate i am the new owner.. he said nothing i can do.. i asked the title company when i signed my paperwork if i had to do anything and they said no, they must stay ahead of everything before they drill.....and the previous owner is getting everything.. i have been here a year and its a constant battle. anything i can do?

Comment

your only recourse is to sue her and immediately! Get a real estate attorney

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X