USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you evict people who don't have permission to be living on your property?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you evict people who don't have permission to be living on your property?

Last August, we moved out of our house so that we could completely gut and re-model our bathroom, we also were re-modeling our living room as well. While out of the house my husband suffered a heart attack. We had an offer from a person who wanted to purchase our home as said he would complete the re-modeling himself.(all materials and fixtures had already been purchased) Until his paper work on the house was approved. With our current situation we thought this was a blessing in disguise. Needless to say this went on for a couple of months and due to problems on his side, we decided that it was taking too long and we would not sell him the home and attempt to do the work ourselves and move back in. Well he moved out, but at some point had brought other individuals in. They refuse to leave and say that they pay rent to the person that owns the home. I have paid my mortgage on my home and all the utilities, and have not recieved anything from these individuals. How do i get them out of my home. Can i legally turn off my utilities? There was no written agreement between me and these people, and I had only a verbal agreement with the person before them. Please help!

Re: How do you evict people who don't have permission to be living on your property?

You have to evict them in local court if they will not leave; it is easy to do and the court has forms...

Comment

Re: How do you evict people who don't have permission to be living on your property?

Can I turn my utilites off so that they do not run my bill up any higher?

Comment

Can I turn my utilities off so that they don't run my bill up any higher? Do I actually have to have a court date, or just pick the forms up from my local court house?

Comment

You are not supposed to do that normally...but you can sue them for all costs etc.as well in small claims.

Comment

I understand that normally in a normal land lord tenanat situation that would probably not be the thing to do. However they are not my tenants and I don't even know who these people are. So they are tresspassing on private property and "Squatting". So is there not any legal written documentation supporting me the owner, and giving me the right to do what i want to do to my own property? I live in the state of Washington in South King County.
            Please advise..

Comment

Originally posted by Don't know what to do View Post
              I understand that normally in a normal land lord tenanat situation that would probably not be the thing to do. However they are not my tenants and I don't even know who these people are. So they are tresspassing on private property and "Squatting". So is there not any legal written documentation supporting me the owner, and giving me the right to do what i want to do to my own property? I live in the state of Washington in South King County.
              Please advise..

Just call the cop for tresspassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                Just call the cop for tresspassing.
                no.cops will say its not their job like they toldme.its really hard to get them out ,i have being trying for the past 15 months.

Comment

You need to evict them if they are now living there. File in your local court. It is relatively easy to do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X