Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation - Dollars used to purchase the house was all mine

I paid cash for a house about a year ago, the money used in the purchase was all MY money. At the time I put my girlfriends (no were not married and still arnt to this day) name on the title of the house, sence then things havnt been going too well between us. So my question is this, if we were to seperate would I be able to keep the house as my own b/c the $$ used to purchase the house was all mine? Or does her name being on title mean she has a right to the house as well?

Please help..

re: Separation - Dollars used to purchase the house was all mine

Are you both on title or only her?

Legally she has a right to the property now and the only way you can void that right if you two cannot agree is to go to court and explain everything and get the court to order that the property is yours. Eventually you would likely prevail but it is a bit of a hassle.

Comment

re: Separation - Dollars used to purchase the house was all mine

She and I are on the title...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X