USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Term: A tree in your front yard may be on the city's right of way...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term: A tree in your front yard may be on the city's right of way...

While a tree in your front yard may be on the city's right of way, it is still considered yours for all intended purposes. Firewood, plant or remove at your discretion. Is there a term for this?

re: Term: A tree in your front yard may be on the city's right of way...

It is yours if on your property; they have only the right to make it safe for public access ways or for power etc.; they must take the least destructive action, if that is what you mean?

Comment

The property would be the states', based on that they own 10 feet in. Are the trees and srubs considered mine just based on a good neighbor policy? I think the state is going to do work at my road frontage and I want the timber/firewood instead of it being carried off by state workers or being destroyed. Is there a term for my right to it since utilities, cities all give it to the owner,other than good neighbor policy?

Comment

You normally do not have an absolute right to it...unfortunately.

Comment

Thanks, Tom

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X