Water line: I do not want to put a fence up with our neighbors waterline on us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water line: I do not want to put a fence up with our neighbors waterline on us

We recently had our land surveyed and also had some work done on our waterline which is close to the property line. We noticed that our neighbors waterline and our waterline is in the same ditch located about 3 feet inside our property. Me and my wife have been discussing having a privicy fence put up between us and our neighbor but I do not want to put a fence up with our neighbors waterline on us. The waterline has been in place at least 30 years. Family owns the property next to us but to say the least we do not get along. I was wondering what my legal rights were and if they can be made to move their waterline.

re: Water line: I do not want to put a fence up with our neighbors waterline on us

If it has been there 30 years and there are no existing alternatives, you may have a hard time cutting it off. If they went to court they would have a good chance of prevailing since it has been there so long without any objection by you.

Comment

re: Water line: I do not want to put a fence up with our neighbors waterline on us

We have lived here about 10 years. My parents owned the land before us and have recently given the land to me and my wife. We had no idea the line so far over onto our land until we had the work done a few months ago. It was always belived the waterline was directly on or close to the property line.

Comment

It would be best to try to reach some agreement and have all sign and place it in the land records to avoid confusion going forward.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X