Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Ownership (North Carolina)

In North Carolina, either a husband or wife can purchase land, but in order to sell the same land, the other party must sign. Question, if both husband and wife are listed on deed, can the wife or husband deed or will his/her portion of that deed - 50%?

re: Property Ownership (North Carolina)

Yes, they can. In fact, one or the other, or even both, can break the Joint Tenancy and make it a tenancy in common, and name anyone they wish to. They may grant 1% to 100% interest of the property they own to anyone they wish to name. Joint Tenants own property equally in its entirety. This means they can grant their interest if they choose to. They may will it as well.

Comment

Re: Property Ownership (North Carolina)

I own a house in NC jointly with a man I live with. I want my sister to come stay for a week during christmas. He says he will call the police and have her kicked out. He says I can't have anyone in my family stay even one night for any reason or holiday. I pay half the mortgage. Do I have the right to let my family visit for a couple of nights?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I own a house in NC jointly with a man I live with. I want my sister to come stay for a week during christmas. He says he will call the police and have her kicked out. He says I can't have anyone in my family stay even one night for any reason or holiday. I pay half the mortgage. Do I have the right to let my family visit for a couple of nights?
        If you own the property jointly he can makes as many threats as he wants to and he'll merely be blowing hot hair up his own a s s.

You have 100% equal rights in that house and that means you can do whatever you damn well please in regards to your family staying.

The police cannot and will not do anything.

Your boyfriend sounds like a real lunatic.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

I had got a sports job in charlotte and next month i am going to shift to charlotte. I am looking for Charlotte North Carolina real estate homes for sale with 2 bedrooms, one bathroom. Please help me in finding?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X