USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info on a deed; Our parents own a farm, there are 4 kids.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on a deed; Our parents own a farm, there are 4 kids.

My husband's parents own a farm in Nebraska. They recently deeded it over to the 4 kids. It was in the newspaper. Is there a way to find out if we get it only after they die or is it actually owned by us free and clear now? How can this be checked without his parents knowing? Thank you

re: Info on a deed; Our parents own a farm, there are 4 kids.

I don't have an answer for you, I have a question along the same lines though. Were you told about the transfer, and did you have to pay gift taxes on it? We recently discovered property was deeded in our name without our knowledge, and I'm trying to find out if it's legal and what all it means for me, especially financially.

Comment

Deeds will be on file with your county records dept.

---

Normally you have to agree to a transfer to you, and if you do not, the form is not valid and no interest is granted to you.

If they filed anything with the county records and you did not sign or agree, inform the clerk you object and tell them you want it recalled...

Comment

They said it was posted in the town's newspapers. I thought maybe it might have something like upon the parent's death it is ours. The parents collect the rent from the farm land. We were told it was deeded to the four kids. not sure if they got around taxes somehow. i am afraid to call as it is a small town.

Comment

I'm interested in your answers too. The home that was deeded to us without our knowledge (just happened to find out from a different relative) is also being rented out. They collect the rent. Is the lease still valid? And what about claiming rental income? Or am I just looking too deep into this?

Comment

You don't have to accept it...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X