Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fence & frivolous lawsuit?

Neighbor was 8 ft. over on my prpty he gave permiss 4/us2 remove fence, we did, he sued. We have survey & aerial photo proving him wrong. We filed "answer" to his suit...what does he do next?

Re: fence & frivolous lawsuit?

he will have to prove his case or do discovery--but it sounds as if you may ask the judge to throw out the case now if you can show the survey...

Comment

They just pulled a "settlement offer" for us to pay to re-build his fence. We declined. What's next?

Comment

He will have to prove you acted wrongly, and it seems that that will be very hard to do based on what you have said here. You could ask the court to fine him or assess costs against him for a frivolous filing.

Comment

Can I do that w/out attny? My attny said it will cost $3000 to file countersuit even stating we're 100% right and plaintiff can't win. I don't get it!?

Comment

You could yes if the issue stays relatively simple...how much is the person suing you for?

Comment

He sued for $10,000 damages, attorney fees, quiet title, trespass. Can I do anything with law enforcement for extortion or contact his title company-mortgage company-survey company? Anything other than using an attorney...this is getting expensive, but I'm right and won't stop fighting!

Comment

You can try to appear in court and handle it yourself since the amount is not too large. And file against him in small claims if he caused any other kind of damage etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X