Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my neighbour has been harassing me

I live in a semi detached house in Ontario, Canada. My neighbor living on the other side of the house has been deliberately making noise to harass me. The noise is just a loud bang and she does it sometimes at 4:00 in the morning, just to wake me up.

It has been going on for quite sometime and I have reported to police twice and the police told me they cannot do anything about it and suggested me to move. She also called 911 a couple of times when I came over and knocking on her door and complaining about the noise. Police just told me not to go there but didn't address the issue that she's harassing me. My neighbor asked us a few times last year that she wanted to purchase our house as investment, We told her our house is not for sale but we'll let her know if we do.

The harassment is getting worse lately and I had to move to other part of the house (basement) to get a better sleep. I never tried to make the same noise to annoy her because we have 2 small kids at home during night.

I recently put my house on the market and there was a buyer. My neighbor came out and tried to sabotage the deal so she could get it. The buy didn't back off. I feel that it's an extortion since she's trying to drive me away by harassing me and get the house. She offered to match the other buyer's amount but we had to sell to the first buyer.

Now I have to wait for 2 months for the house to close. My neighbor is very mad now and keeps making noise. Now I sleep in my friend's place now while waiting for the close to be closed. It's a real nightmare and worst part nobody really think this is serious. Every cop I talked to think it's a neighbor dispute and they aren't going to do anything.

Should I sue my neighbor for extortion and harassment? I'm a busy person with a professional job and 2 young kids at home. My wife doesn't want to offend my neighbor for fearing that she might hurt our kids and we both think she's mentally unstable.

By selling our house, most of my problem has been solved (I hope), but I'm still being harassed and I couldn't do anything. Anything I do will get me into trouble like assault charge. Should I just suck it up and avoid her and move away when house is closed?

Re: my neighbour has been harassing me

I wish to inform you that you can file an injunction against your neighbor for harassment caused to you whereby she should be restrained from continuing her actions. Any financial loss suffered by you and mental pain and suffering can be claimed by you. You can first send a demand letter and if other party refuses then a lawsuit can be filed.

AFF

Comment

i have an ******* neighbor that's doing the same thing. it's even worse. he uses profanity and yells at the side of my house. i had to sell my house and move too. I also have found myself a prisoner in my own home. Its the end times and these people are possessed by devils (literally). It sucks that there are people out there. I will say a prayer for your're peace. I am in the same boat and may have to leave early as well cause of the harrassment.

Comment

My neighbor calls the policy routines on my birds for making "loud bird noises" not animal control because there is nothing on keeping birds quiet. I do try to keep them as quiet as I can. How can I get him to stop calling the police?

Comment

Get rid of the noisy birds.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X