•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TryinToKeepKool
    replied
    Re: Private Road Hell.

Dogs have been run over here...Hasn't helped...It's sad....

My only option is to beg my husband to sell out. It is a shame when others insist on making a neighborhood unsafe.

They really need to make more laws for the private roads..I think they should have the same rules as the paved public roads, Why Not?

Thank You all, Have a good evening...

Leave a comment:

• TryinToKeepKool
    replied

I am trying to find info on what everyone is responsible to do and if not, be taking to court to make them...That sounds bad but there is a boy that keeps tearing our road up. I have videos and pictures but what I want to do is make these people fix their part of the road. I have low riding cars and they have hugh holes in front of their house and will not fix, these are the same people I have had the problems with the dangerous dogs..They can feed 15 dogs and can't fix their road? These people just insist on making it hard for anyone living past them. 21 or 22 houses down here and there is maybe 5 or 6 that are trouble or plain out lazy...Is it possible to get a petition up to get them out of here even if they own their own land? Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Lexus
    replied

If you have a private road on your property, then you have the right to exclude others from it. Further, if you and your neighbors are responsible for the maintenance and care of this road, you may then make rules regarding the private road by discussing about it with your neighbors. The HOA may also implement fines and penalties for speeding on the road. And if there is no posted speed limit, then it would be whatever is reasonable under the circumstances. Consult an attorney.

Leave a comment:

• Friend In Court
    replied

If you can get the dowhill adjacemt neighbors to agree to a gate or speed bumps, that might be your best solution. Eventually a pet or child will be run over or someone's car hit by these speeders.

Leave a comment:

• TryinToKeepKool
    replied

What about cattle guards? Or anything that I can get away with without having to get the nieghborhood's permission? Thanks again and so sorry I keep coming up with questions but there has to be something out there....

Leave a comment:

• TryinToKeepKool
    replied

Thank you but these people on this road will disagree to just make someone mad, very spiteful people on here and now there is another issue down here they won't agree to nothing...Yes, a few after asking to stop speeding will do it just for spite down here, they are childish.
    One more question: I live down the road a bit so the ones that live in front of me, can they stop the gates? To me it looks like just the ones that live down this far that have to go past my house should be the only ones that would have to consent to the gates or speed bumps? So sorry for the questions but I am hoping for a solution.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Friend In Court
    replied

Originally posted by TryinToKeepKool
    I appreciate it, but what about the gates?
    All of the neighbors who live on the road have to approve a gate. If even one does not and a gate is put up, that person can complain and may well have grounds to have it taken down. Ditto for the speed bumps. Any modifications if the road is jointly owned have to be approved by all.

The circumstances you describe mitigate for a meeting of all the neighbors on the road and for you all to do what you can to cut out the undesirable traffic. It seems in all your best interests to do so.

My recommendation is that you call a neighborhood meeting and see what everyone can agree to in order to cut the undesirable traffic.

Leave a comment:

• TryinToKeepKool
    replied

I appreciate it, but what about the gates?

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied

Originally posted by TryinToKeepKool View Post
    I too live on a private road in NC and we deal with four wheelers, motorcycles (which my son also has one but respects others when riding his) and people flying (which is not as bad cause most have moved, but still have a few that won't slow down and some of these do not live here, just alot of traffic) and one that is taught by family members to react of out spite and to stir up more trouble. We too have called the cops and they come out but always say they also can not do anything.
    My question is how does this putting up gates work? Do I have to have people on this road agree to this or can I just put them up with no problems?
    To have one that is testing me by riding on my butt about a foot from my car (which has happened twice now) if they hit me in the rear on a private road, can they be taken to court for damages? And why couldn't the cops had given them a reckless charge for tailing me?
    I do appreciate all that I have read and is helping me understand. I cannot understand big terms and this is helping.
    PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IF YOU KNOW..PLEASE AND THANK YOU..

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied

How many of the people on this road have to agree in order for me to be able to put speed bumps?

Leave a comment:

• AFFA
    replied

I wish to inform you that you may pass a resolution with your neighbors residing on the private road to install speed bumps. Once the resolution has been passed you may put up the speed bumps. Alternatively, you may video the speeding vehicles on the private road and submit them to the law enforcement authorities.

AFF

Leave a comment:

• TryinToKeepKool
    started a topic Private Road Hell.

Private Road Hell.

I too live on a private road in NC and we deal with four wheelers, motorcycles (which my son also has one but respects others when riding his) and people flying (which is not as bad cause most have moved, but still have a few that won't slow down and some of these do not live here, just alot of traffic) and one that is taught by family members to react of out spite and to stir up more trouble. We too have called the cops and they come out but always say they also can not do anything.
    My question is how does this putting up gates work? Do I have to have people on this road agree to this or can I just put them up with no problems?
    To have one that is testing me by riding on my butt about a foot from my car (which has happened twice now) if they hit me in the rear on a private road, can they be taken to court for damages? And why couldn't the cops had given them a reckless charge for tailing me?
    I do appreciate all that I have read and is helping me understand. I cannot understand big terms and this is helping.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X