X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree House on Prpperty Line

Hi,
    We have an unruly neighbor who keeps doing things to annoy us and then we call code enforcement or complain in some way they call us nosy and tell us we should mind our own business. Right now this neighbor has nailed a piece of plywood to two trees right on the property line right next to our chain link fence (maybe even extending into our property). He says that if something happens he will sue us because we do not have any signs on the fence. What kind of signs is he referring to? Code enforcement cannot help with tree houses because they do not require a permit. What can we do about this?

Re: Tree House on Prpperty Line

He generally speaking can do what he wants on his property only and cannot extend onto yours. If the wood he nailed is unsightly you could call code enforcement and ask that they fine him for the wood and/or order him to remove it.

Comment

Thanks for your reply and I will certainly try that but we have a most uncooperative code enforcement office that does not try to be helpful. Would it help to tell them that it extends into our property? Also, can he sue us successfully if someone gets hurt? He has many children playing in the tree. Also, what kinds of signs are we supposed to have to protect ourselves from a lawsuit? Isn't a fence a legal property divider?

Comment

If you can't get along with them maybe you just need to move.love thy neighbor.

Comment

Re: Tree House on Property Line

That last email was rude. I am not an attorney, but maybe you could ignore your annoying neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            If you can't get along with them maybe you just need to move.love thy neighbor.
            I have been at this address for twenty years and this neighbor has been next door since April 19, 2006. All he has done since moving in is causing one problem after another and abusing my property. How would you like to live next door to someone who shoots paint balls at your car and house, throws something that kills plants over the fence into our yard, shoots guns and fireworks which scares our pet dogs, has three mean pitbull dogs which jump the fence and come into our yard (and could easily hurt or kill our little dogs), and he jumps over our fence and comes into our yard when we aren't home. And those are just a few things that he does.

We have tried to be considerate and have helped them in the past but he just can't understand that there are other people that have to live here also. It is true that we are older and the are younger people but we should all be able to live together and be considerate of each other. And why should I move, he is one creating problems. I think it would be hard to live under prison conditions for any NORMAL person. He should go someplace where his behavior would be considered acceptable (probably only in prison).
            At the least, I have paid for my property and I don't think it is here for him to destroy. But I don't believe you are capable of understanding this because you are probably just like him. I would love to be able to love my neighbor but I have a life also, which I am quite fond of really.

Comment

ignore that one rude poster, hopefully another person or a lawyer will respond here again too

Comment

Don't know if the problem has been resolved, burt you might consider going to the expense of renting and installing video surveillance equipment for a short period of time. If the neighbor does trespass into your yard when you are not home, or does anything else that violates the law, you may be able to capture the offense on video, and use then use it as evidence to file a complaint. I would either inform the neighbor or post signs to the effect that you have installed this equipment. (You can obtain the tools you need from a security company.) Good luck - I had to deal with similar issues, and the surveillance equipment worked.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X