Speed bumps on private road / easement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it legal to shoot at them in TX if they fail to slow down, I mean not hit 'em and kill em , but just to warn them? Like in the air but close e.g..

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Is it legal to shoot at them in TX if they fail to slow down, I mean not hit 'em and kill em , but just to warn them? Like in the air but close e.g..
      What do you think? no it s not legal to shoot at or near anybody in such situations.

Comment

Don't most private roads simply require all or a majority on the road to vote and agree on how it's handled?

Unless e.g. the developer retains the right.

Comment

Check your deeds, the easement should be described there.

Comment

I am going to build my own bump on our private road and see what happens. (11 neighbor houses on the road)
            It seems to me the worse they can do is tear it down or get a court order to do so. I assume.

Comment

I would check your deed and local law very carefully , you may be violating covenants or terms of the deed and that could be a headache for you.
              And also, if somebody damages their car, you could be liable.
              I personally would not advise you to proceed with this plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Malinda View Post
                Re: Speed bumps on private road / easement?

Don't feel bad my family is going through the same mess. We live on a shared driveway and we had first started to ask the man and his costumers to please slow down we have kids. They would speed up. Then we put up signs like children playing and so on. They speed up even more. We have a gravel driveway there are 4 residents liveing on it 3 of the 4 houses have kids. Except for the mean old man at the end who has to drive through all of our properties just to get to his. He runs a lawn mower business so we get alot of his costumers comming in and out alot of them are mad at him and take it out on our driveway. So we put speed bumps in and put up signs warning of them. All our deads tell us is that we have to do is alow him to come in and out freely. Now he wants to sue us because we are hurting his business and damaging his vehicle from the speed bumps. We all have to drive over them we did it that way so we wasn't to be singleing him out. We also made so our riding mower could make it over them without damaging it and we have it on video. We have so much video of people speeding down our driveway it would keep a judge busy looking at it for at least a month. All we want is some respect and to keep our kids safe i think my kids are more important and more valuable than any nasty old man could ever be. and yes he tore up our speed bumps as well by peeling out on them so we put concrete ones in. Now we are going to put in motion cameras as well as getting a speed gun. Unlike your situation my husband and my neighbor that helped put the bumps in was struck by a truck that was flying down our driveway. The man then turned around and stopped in the driveway to argue with us we told him he was being video taped and he said he didnt care and we got him on tape admitting to hitting my husband and neighbor.
                The cops tell us they can not do anything about what is going on about our driveway they said well we didn't need to worry about that man no more because he was dieing of cancer. However it still doesn't take care of the old man on our lane. So basicaly we have no rights none at all not to protect our kids our animals or each other and it is ok for people that is dieing to run other people off the road. WTF is this country comming to? Sorry so long I just wanted to let you know your not the only one.
                LUV the pothole idea!!!! You the man.

Comment

LOl but I am not sure that's totally legal?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

LUV the pothole idea!!!! You the man.
                    That is a good idea...cheaper than a lawyer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X