X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to court on 9/4 for eviction

Indiana

Went to court on 9/4 for eviction, judge gave until 9/12, property manager and I made verbal agreement to file appeal with trustee for help and make partial payment, trustee taking to long with appeal process, he want to return payment and give me 4 days to vacate. Is this legal?

Re: Went to court on 9/4 for eviction

Seems to me that they waived the eviction by accepting partial payment after the eviction date and that they would have to start the eviction process all over again if you don't leave.

Of course, a lot depends on details that you haven't provided.

Like on what date did you make the partial payment?
    How much was the payment?
    What was supposed to happen after you made the partial payment? (Explain this appeal thing.)
    When was your normal rent due date?
    How much was your rent before you defaulted?

Comment

Re: Went to court on 9/4 for eviction

Originally posted by adjusterjack View Post
      Seems to me that they waived the eviction by accepting partial payment after the eviction date and that they would have to start the eviction process all over again if you don't leave.

Of course, a lot depends on details that you haven't provided.

Like on what date did you make the partial payment?
      How much was the payment?
      What was supposed to happen after you made the partial payment? (Explain this appeal thing.)
      When was your normal rent due date?
      How much was your rent before you defaulted?

Why verbal?
      it would be good to get that in writing and/or make it part of the court record.

But if you paid and the LL accepted then he does have to file again in court and he cannot just evict you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
      X