X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Deposit NJ

Hello,

Here is a little background. I have been living in a 1 bedroom apartment since 12/2014 and my lease ended on 12/2015, since then I had been on an oral lease. In march of 2016, my landlord started putting fake eviction notices, calling me names ect. I informed him that I would be moving by the end of May. He flipped me the bird. lol. In May ,he slapped me with an eviction notice stating that I had not paid him for April & May.I always write checks. He cashed May check and not the April check.We go to court and try to resolve the matter but to no avail. We get to the judge and the judge dismisses the case. So no eviction or payment of any rent. My landlord through a fit in the court room. He threatened me with bodily harm. I ended moving out earlier than anticipated. I had his building manager inspect the apartment with me and there was no damage. I currently live in Atlanta and have been trying to contact him regarding my $1,575 security deposit. I have sent letters, emails, and phone calls and he has not returned any of them. I understand that the landlord has 30 days to return the deposit. What are my options here, Keep in mind that I live far away and it is extremely hard for me to travel back and forth to NJ. What shall I do.

Re: Security Deposit NJ

Start by waiting the 30 days. The more you harangue him the longer you'll wait. Decide if it's worth it if you have to return to NJ to sue him.

Comment

Re: Security Deposit NJ

What are my options here
      Just two.

Sue in small claims court in NJ if you don't get the refund.

Or, kiss the money goodbye and get on with your life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X