Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my LL sue me? -- We no longer have any ties with her

So my LL was super mean and made my pregnant wife's life really hard for last month we were living in the LL's house. If I told her we had a cat living in the house when it was not aloud (stated in contract). Can she sue us for anything? We no longer have any ties with her. All deposits have been paid back and we are moved out and done with her and the house...

re: Can my LL sue me? -- We no longer have any ties with her

I wish to inform you that as the contract has successfully finished and the landlord has already paid back the deposit generally the matter has come to an end and your landlord may not pursue anything about the cat at this stage.

AFF

Comment

Re: Can my LL sue me? -- We no longer have any ties with her

If the landlord's claim is based upon breach of written lease then he may attempt to sue you. His case against you is subject to the statute of limitations effective in your state. With that said, he will likely not be able to show evidence to support his case. If he cannot produce evidences then he cannot recover damages from you. Therefore, I would suggest that you contact an attorney to discuss the options that are available to you.

Comment

Why would you wish to do this? Do you love drama that much?

You are out of there and presumably have a little one to care for - spend your energy there.

PS It's *allowed* not aloud.

Comment

Well you sure are judgmental! You are probably not very fun to be around. Is that why you surf this web site? The only way you can feel good about your self is by correcting people you don't know. Do you feel better knowing that yes I like the drama that much! I enjoy revenge! Is that ok with you? I enjoy putting a pos in their place! You are miss using this web site.

Comment

She can sue you for costs to resanitize the house from the cat in addition to any damages.
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Brez View Post
              Well you sure are judgmental! You are probably not very fun to be around. Is that why you surf this web site? The only way you can feel good about your self is by correcting people you don't know. Do you feel better knowing that yes I like the drama that much! I enjoy revenge! Is that ok with you? I enjoy putting a pos in their place! You are miss using this web site.
              I clearly have more of a life than some folks.

And no, I am not miss using (sic) this forum.

Comment

Pot, meet kettle. You and landlord appear to have been well matched.

Originally posted by Brez View Post
                Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Clearly! Lol! Tard!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X