Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord thinks he is above the law

My civil rights have been trampled...my landlord has committed several housing violations and he is currently being officially investigated. HUD has started the process and The Michigan Civil Liberties office is intervening on my behalf. I have only lived in my rental house for 3 months and when I informed landlord that I would be late last month he started doing anything and everything to drive me out. He began offering me rent reduction for sex, offered to move me into new place under the condition that he would also share the residence, he comes into my house without notice or reason, arrives at my work and wants to talk, removes items that are in the lease, and to top it all off he took me to court for eviction when I refused to pay rent. Late in the evening last month he came over and I confronted him (I had neighbor present for witness). I asked him why he continually speaks to me disrespectfully (propositions regarding sex or relationship with him), why he is illegally entering the home when I am gone, and showing up at work??? He replied that "I did not pay rent" .I told him that I had already filed complaint with HUD, local housing commission, and ACRU and he would NOT be getting any rent. He took me to court for eviction and I responded with answer that read: Because he interfered with the quiet enjoyment of property, violated the Elliot Larson act, and this is retaliatory eviction. I paid for and demanded in writing jury trial. The Judge who did not care about my answer and did not allow me relief instead he accepted the eviction witch orders me to leave. I would like to appeal the decision but I am lower income person. Where can I get low cost legal aid for either appeal or should I just move and file civil lawsuit for the harassment? I have staking case against him that will be heard after the eviction deadline, but need to know if I should just accept the decision and file sexual harassment? HUD will not allow him to re-rent the property due to the complaint and I have proof included voice messages, text messages, and a handful of witness.
    Thanks
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Maybe
    0%

In another post on a separate forum, you claim to already have a lawyer. I suggest you let him take care of your issues with your landlord.

http://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/my-landlord-has-sexually-harassed-me-entered-my-home-yet-i-still-have-move-607671.html

Comment

Re: Landlord thinks he is above the law

I wish to inform you that you may contact Michigan Legal Aid online for guidance. It is provided as a public service by the Michigan Poverty Law Program, the State Bar of Michigan, the Michigan State Bar Foundation, and the Legal Services Corporation.

AFF

Comment

OP has obviously forgotten to add that the judgment for an eviction for failure to pay rent has already been granted by the court.

Gail

Comment

Though you may have initially had a partial case for retaliatory eviction, you clearly have said you did not and do not intend to pay your rent. That will trump any retaliatory claims. Now you are a deadbeat that he propositioned. He may lose his HUD status but you will still be on the street.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Gail: You really need to get hobby- instead of always putting me down and bombarding me with your opinion, maybe you could try to help someone-like yourself
            Gail thinks she is right about me and my case, however she is not only wrong, she is stuck on one single issue. Have you ever had your civil rights violated? Have you lived in fear? Have you even had any conversation where you are not a complete jerk? The answer to all the questions is NO, Gail your perfect in every way and I hope you have happy life, please STOP responding to me, I understand how you feel and would appreciate it if you could just leave me alone. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz387 View Post
              Gail: You really need to get hobby- instead of always putting me down and bombarding me with your opinion, maybe you could try to help someone-like yourself
              Gail thinks she is right about me and my case, however she is not only wrong, she is stuck on one single issue. Have you ever had your civil rights violated? Have you lived in fear? Have you even had any conversation where you are not a complete jerk? The answer to all the questions is NO, Gail your perfect in every way and I hope you have happy life, please STOP responding to me, I understand how you feel and would appreciate it if you could just leave me alone. Thank you

How did Gail "put you down"? She was simply pointing out that you have failed to tell the whole story, and a very important not part of the story.

If you feel so harassed, threatened and fearful, why are you appealing the judges decision? Why would you want to continue to live there? I have a feeling there is a lot more to your story that your leaving out.

You make no sense and sound quite unstable. Professional help may be of great assistance to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
                I wish to inform you that you may contact Michigan Legal Aid online for guidance. It is provided as a public service by the Michigan Poverty Law Program, the State Bar of Michigan, the Michigan State Bar Foundation, and the Legal Services Corporation.

AFF
                Thanks and I did! Wonderful people and great advice;;

Comment

I have gotten some good advice from many of you and some insults from others. Look at all of the negative replies and I just hope one day these people realize that anger and bitterness are unhealthy and unattractive. Smile to the members who send me personal email and Yes I have found the answers I needed.

Comment

I did not feel it necessary to comment out of context, because I am aware of the legal view and legal aspects. I did not feel it necessary to take a misogynist view. That said women trading tit for that is an age old process. The main issue is a willing buyer and seller.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

"Gail thinks she is right about me and my case, however she is not only wrong, she is stuck on one single issue."

Actually, the issue I was "stuck" on is the one you skipped over rather lightly; that the judgment for eviction had already been granted.

If I thought I was "right" about you I'd suggest heavy medication might be in order.

Gail

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Gail:
                          The eviction will not be happening, because of HUD and ACLU intervening. Thanks to careful notation of violations and enormous support of both private and government officials.
                          The complicated issues are well beyond your understanding. Please do NOT reply to me anymore. Not only have you been rude and inconsiderate; your suggestions and advice are bias. This is request from me to you, I seriously don't want to hear or read about what you think I should do: your attitude and words are incredibly off-base. I have legal professional helping me and my situation has changed-

Comment

So your landlord determining the cost of legal fees to fight the terrorist organization we know as the ACLU is not worth it, makes you think you are right? They fight on behalf of lawbreakers everyday and have very deep special interest pockets. Your luck has no bearing on the accuracy of the info you were given.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
                              So your landlord determining the cost of legal fees to fight the terrorist organization we know as the ACLU is not worth it, makes you think you are right? They fight on behalf of lawbreakers everyday and have very deep special interest pockets. Your luck has no bearing on the accuracy of the info you were given.
                              The ACLU does some good but wow do they attract the tin hatters!

What piques my curiosity is per the original post here this all started bc OP was going to be late on her rent. Yet when you read her post here >http://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/my-landlord-has-sexually-harassed-me-entered-my-home-yet-i-still-have-move-607671.html she claims she HAS the money, she just isn't giving it to the LL.

So there's that...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X