USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left property... how do I remove it legally?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left property... how do I remove it legally?

Its been a week since renters moved out and they still have property there...i need it gone and renters left in bad terms..how do i remove it legally

re: Left property... how do I remove it legally?

What state?

Most states have specific laws and procedures for dealing with abandoned personal property left behind in a rental unit. Have you notified them? Sent them a letter (certified return receipt requested) to their forwarding or last known address?
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Re: Left property... how do I remove it legally?

I wish to inform you that each state imposes a bailment that is set for a fixed term (usually 15 to 20 days). The landlord must hold the abandoned tenant’s property for this fixed term in a safe and secure way If the tenant fails to reclaim the abandoned property by the end of the term the landlord is free to dispose it of. The landlord may charge safekeeping and storage charges.

AFF

Comment

In order to give a reply, the state in which this occurred is necessary for each state has its own laws on dealing with abandoned property.

Comment

We had a few problems when they moved out..i gave them a verbal notice ..but i will have to check our state laws..thank u for the answers

Comment

Originally posted by pbgirl1977 View Post
            We had a few problems when they moved out..i gave them a verbal notice ..but i will have to check our state laws..thank u for the answers
            If you want an answer from anyone on this forum you need to identify the state.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X