Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help and answers please... Missouri

Missouri, we have been living in an apartment for almost three years and been paying rent faithfully every month and we started seeing these brownish redish bugs like ticks... in our bed and we wer informed they were called bed bugs so we informed the landlord twice which he didn't believe us because they said they bombed it before.well its been almost a month and he has not done anything to our house in three weeks. and i also have two little girls that have bumps on them and i got them medication but it still does not help with the pain and suffering would it be possible for me to be able to get my money back?

re: Help and answers please... Missouri

What money and why?

Have you been anywhere in the last month? Spent the night at friends, at grandmas, had company spend the night? Any of those things and more can bring you bedbugs. Since you've been living there so long odds are against the ll being responsible at all.

Comment

Housing laws tend to vary from state to state, so it is always best to consult a local attorney about your rights as both a landlord and a tenant on issues pertaining to responsibility. Lease agreements often contain a clause about pest control issues, including the responsibilities of the tenant to comply with procedural treatments, moving or treating furniture or even vacating if necessary.

Comment

You really need to consult with your landlord and neighbors. Bombing one apartment does not normally solve the problem. Moving at this point, will only spread them to another apartment, where you will be held liable.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: Help and answers please... Missouri

Originally posted by mad View Post
          Missouri, we have been living in an apartment for almost three years and been paying rent faithfully every month and we started seeing these brownish redish bugs like ticks... in our bed and we wer informed they were called bed bugs so we informed the landlord twice which he didn't believe us because they said they bombed it before.well its been almost a month and he has not done anything to our house in three weeks. and i also have two little girls that have bumps on them and i got them medication but it still does not help with the pain and suffering would it be possible for me to be able to get my money back?
          Bed bugs are hitchhikers who can attach to clothing, bedding, hide in backpacks -- and are epidemic throughout the world now. If you have been living there for three years and they were not present when you moved in, it is your problem, not the landlord's. Someone living there or visiting you brought them in.

Bombing, by the way, is not an effective way to get rid of bedbugs. They live during the day in cracks and crevices, in the bedding, bed rails,mattresses [check for rips or tears in the mattress and box springs], molding, even picture frames. They are partial to wood. And come out at night when they sense the warmth of a human or other body to feast on. They also will prey on pets.

My recommendation is that you check with your hardware store or one of the big box stores that carries all types of solutions to bed bug problems. You will need to spray all the cracks in your bedframe, moldings, any place a bed bug could hide. Meanwhile remove all bedding and clothing from the room(s), and wash in the hottest water they will take and dry in a dryer [not clothesline] so the heat will kill any latent bugs and eggs.

Bedbugs are not a landlord problem in a case such as yours where you have lived there for three years without them. Someone in your household brought them in. It is your responsibility to get rid of them. But there are plenty of effective preparations on the market now to eradictate them. Ortho's Max is one of them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X