USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Florida, I'm the tenant. Paid a 1st and last but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Florida, I'm the tenant. Paid a 1st and last but...

Hello legal types and thank you for any advise.

I moved into this place in September and I paid 1st, last and security (2400 in total).

I lost my job in march so paying March was rough but I paid it ...
    Keep in mind though, my LL still has the last though. I have not used it.

Until recently, I'm trying to but my LL is saying he's going to evict me.
    He's harrassing me via text.

Will not acknowledge that 800 of my money he's holding despite me having a receipt showing I paid 2400 in total.

On April 3rd, a 3day notice was on my door!!!

Can he really do that when he has a last?

I have texts between us showing where I told him on the 3rd of april, I asked him, Can I just come down and fill out the move out notice and he refused.

Can he do that?

Now he's threatening to have my car towed, talking about servers are trying to find me to serve me papers ..

What can I do?!!!

Thanks much!

re: South Florida, I'm the tenant. Paid a 1st and last but...

How long was your lease for? Did you ever give the required notice, per your lease for moving?
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Hello. As I stated previously, I asked him if I could give my notice.
      Below is the texts between us and as you see he totally blows it off.

So what can I do?

Mark C: You will have a court cost filing costs and attorney fees plus eviction on your record for 10 years 9:34 PM
      Me: and you're breaking the law Mark. I paid you a last months rent I do not have to give up this place in 3 days when you have $800 of my money for last months rent. 9:44 PM
      Mark C: We are no longer going to chase you! 9:46 PM
      Mark C: It's your name for Eviction 9:46 PM
      Me: Tha'ts fine. I said I'll come in the office and file the papers stating my intent to move. florida law only requires 15 days. not 30. 9:46 PM
      Me: plus, its good thing I've been using google voice for these. it shows I was in communication with you. you're just being unneccessarily mean. 9:47 PM
      Mark C: Law firm will be filing your name as well as your Co tennet Adjust yourself accordingly. 9:54 PM
      Me: Yeah for what? You trying to kick me out when you still have 800 of my money? 9:58 PM
      Me: That you have a last and not letting me use it? 9:59 PM
      Me: Yeah. I think i will see a laywer too and show them how you are being when a last month has been paid 10:00 PM
      Mark C: You have money for an attorney but you don't have money for the rent that's a real good one 10:01 PM

Comment

You have not answered my questions.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

What "Disagreeable" is trying to find out from you is:

1. do you have a lease and if so, are you attempting to break this lease (i.e., move out earlier than the end date of the lease).

2. if you are on a month to month tenancy, have you provided the landlord with the appropriate written notice that you are terminating this tenancy.

Gail

Comment

Last months rent in escrow does not mean at the drop of a hat you can decide its your last month! If you signed a year lease, that last months rent is for August.

I'd suggest you provide the info requested. You may well find yourself evicted.

Comment

Why are you terminating the lease agreement early? The types of problems that qualify are: lack of essential services (e.g. electricity, heat, water, and sewer); total or partial destruction of the building; and toxic or other environmental hazards. If the landlord doesn't give you part of your deposit or advance rents back, and he or she didn't try to rent the apartment, take them to small claims court to get your money.

Comment

Re: South Florida, I'm the tenant. Paid a 1st and last but...

The 15-day notice does not apply to leases or month to month tenancies in Florida.

You need to tell specifically what type of tenancy you have -- month to month, or on a lease. Or living in someone's home. Or a hotel. The law treats each situation differently.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X