USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Room Mate -- Can I kick her out immediately?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Mate -- Can I kick her out immediately?

I am a home owner (State of PA), and I rent one room in my house to a room mate, who has a lease. I have had several problems with the room mate and issued an addendum letter (12/29/13) stating "this is the first and only warning of these violations. If any further violations occur your lease will be terminated and you will need to vacate the property immediately."

Also in the addendum (signed by both room mate & her mother co-signer) it states "If tenant would like to have guests over to the shared common areas she must have permission from Landlord."

I came home Friday at noon to find strangers sleeping in my house, and the room mate not home (at school). There was one female adult sleeping on my family room sofa (common area) and one female adult and one female child sleeping in the room mates room.

My question is can I kick her out immediately? Or do I have to go through an eviction process?

re: Room Mate -- Can I kick her out immediately?

No, you cannot "kick her out" immediately. You go through the eviction process based on the fact that she breached this clause in the lease.

Gail

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X