Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help; I am a tenant under a housing company

Hi I am a tenant under a housing company and I'm being evicted due to old management loosing a rent payment I have my receipts an have shown the new management that I paid the rent. I have done all that I could to get the landlord to understand that I'm a freshman in college I'm working an have family emergencies occurring at the time. I was tol to find out what happened to my rent. Due to the fact of me doing all thy I could I'm being evicted and have thirty days what shoul I do

re: I need help; I am a tenant under a housing company

If you have the receipt from the old management company showing rent payments for the months in question, then what's the problem? Make a copy and give it to them. If they try to evict you for not paying, you'll have evidence showing that they are incorrect.
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

It is important to understand that a landlord/management cannot evict anyone; only a court can actual evict someone. If it comes to a court hearing you bring your receipts as proof that you have paid your rent.

The fact that you are a freshman and have family emergencies plays no role in any of this. Either you have paid your rent or you haven't.

Gail

Comment

Your recourse, if management will not accept your proof, is to take all your receipts to court, when they attempt to evict you and prove to the judge you made the payments.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X