USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlawful occupant? (California mobile home residence)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheltonhome
    replied
    re: Unlawful occupant? (California mobile home residence)

So the notice that says I am a unlawful occupant here without their permission and the fact I have a lease signed by the park manager saying I am allowed to be here means nothing?

Leave a comment:

• Friend In Court
    replied

The lease is required to have a copy of the Mobile Home Residency Law attached to it [MRL 798(c),]. This should explain your rights and responsibilities under the Act. Some sections of the Act contain more eviction protection than the average tenant has, as well as provisions for attorneys fees 799.78 and 799.79.

If management erred in not billing you as a hold over tenant, and you are able to pay, my recommendation is that you see counsel of a real estate attorney familiar with the Act [there have been changes to it each of the past 3 years] and be prepared to pay up or defend.

Leave a comment:

• Disagreeable
    replied

Whether you purchased the mobile home or not is irrelevant if you did obtain approval and sign a lease with the trailer park. They have the right to evict you.

Leave a comment:

• Unlawful occupant? (California mobile home residence)

Purchased my mobile home on December 15th. My lease is dated and signed for December 15th. I received a notice that I was in violation of Ca civil code 798.75 (unlawful occupant) after being in the house since December 15th on February 8th. Since December the park manager has not provided me with a bill for the space rent. What is the recourse here? I can financially afford rent but unlike every other resident they have not provided me with my bill in my box when I have asked them for it.

Also I found out that per California mobile home residence law at them attempting me to pay back rent due to a managers error or mistake is not legal.

I have till Wednesday before this 5 day notice is up. What should I do?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X