Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this right? -the upstairs tenant complained that we stayed up all night

I have a situation with "landlords" (not owners of house but are renting it out for him"; i had my boyfriend come in to help with my baby so i can start work until i had childcare set and in order...the upstairs tenant complained that we stayed up all night laughing and having intercourse to loudly which was dealt with and we stopped that but he kept complaing cause we laugh all night which wasnt true. the landlords showed up the nxt day with a "verbal warning" whuch felt more like verbal assault cause all they did was swear n yell at me and threatened to call my job developer and ruin my chances of work. my friend then packed up and walkd 12hrs to the nearst city. i just want to know if they had a right to do that? I tried to explain to them that i didnt hace mins in my cell to phone and let them know but couldnt get a word in cause they refused to listen and continued to yell and swear at me while my 3yr old stood at the bottom of the stairs listening

re: Is this right? -the upstairs tenant complained that we stayed up all night

It does not sound like they did anything illegal. It sounds like the yelling was going both ways.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I know better than to yell at my landlord i stood there and took it. Not wanting to jeopordize my living arrangements i kept my mouth shut. it would be understandable if i was yelling and swearing back

Comment

Originally posted by wendyg View Post
        I have a situation with "landlords" (not owners of house but are renting it out for him"; i had my boyfriend come in to help with my baby so i can start work until i had childcare set and in order...the upstairs tenant complained that we stayed up all night laughing and having intercourse to loudly which was dealt with and we stopped that but he kept complaing cause we laugh all night which wasnt true. the landlords showed up the nxt day with a "verbal warning" whuch felt more like verbal assault cause all they did was swear n yell at me and threatened to call my job developer and ruin my chances of work. my friend then packed up and walkd 12hrs to the nearst city. i just want to know if they had a right to do that? I tried to explain to them that i didnt hace mins in my cell to phone and let them know but couldnt get a word in cause they refused to listen and continued to yell and swear at me while my 3yr old stood at the bottom of the stairs listening
        I'll bet your LLs weren't too happy to get complaints from the upstairs tenant in the middle of the night in response to your loud activity, either. If I, as a LL, had been ill or kept up late for my own reasons, and then was rudely awakened by a tenant complaining about another tenant making too much noise in the middle of the night, I might yell at you as well.

Does that make what the LL did illegal? No. While I'm sure you "dealt" with it, that didn't erase what had already happened. And whether or not you had minutes left on your cell are irrelevant - and I don't for a minute believe that if you had, you would have been calling the LL about this anyway. Nor do I believe your inflated statement that your "friend" had to walk 12 hours to the nearest city, either.

I'm sure that the LL's response to what you did will stay with you long after today, which means you'll remember it the next time you make an excuse and inconvenience your neighbors with your irresponsible late-night behavior.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Ok as for the late night noise it was dealt with the first day. the complaint to the landlords didnt happen till three days later when we apparently kept him up for 5 days. so do the math.

Comment

Re: Is this right? -the upstairs tenant complained that we stayed up all night

So it appears the landlords were upset about both your sexcapades and the fact that you moved in an unauthorized tenant.
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X