Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help re: Tenant to Resident Manager Transition

To whom it may concern.I'm a sf resident and have been in my apartment building for a little less than 10 years. I was a
    tenant for 9 of those years and was paying about $900 for my studio. Well last june I took over as building manager and had
    to move to managers unit. And as payment I didn't have to pay rent. And now all of the sudden my building is in the process
    of being sold and the new owners are willing to keep me on board but are only willing to offer me 1/3 of the market value of
    the managers unit. SO basically they want me start paying $1500 and i'll receive a monthly paycheck of $500.I rented my old
    unit for $1400 after taking over as manager. So basically made a profit of $600 for me taking the job and now the new owners
    want me to start paying $1,000. So the building will be making $1600 by keeping me as manager. i'll be paying $100 more than
    I was as a tenant to have the job. I only took the job less than 7 months ago and i was given no warning that the building
    was possibly going to be sold. If I knew that, I wouldn't have given up my rent controlled apartment. SO I have no idea if
    there's anything I can do or am I just out of luck? Thank You, LuiS

Re: Need Help re: Tenant to Resident Manager Transition

It sounds like you made a poor choice, when opting to become manager. I suggest you take your experience and apply to a new building.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: Need Help re: Tenant to Resident Manager Transition

This happens more often than you think.

Is there anything in writing about your rent, an agreement etc ??? Anything that spells things out in your favor that includes a "term" i.e. from June 2012 to June 2013 or something like that?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X