Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupancy Agreement with Owner- business sold as Franchise

I have an Occupancy Agreement with the owner of a Salon in Toronto, Canada, I pay a monthly amount to occupy one aesthetics room, he now sold his business to new owners, however, he sold it as a Franchise. The new owners verbally told me they would like to make quite a few changes - one being sharing my room with others therefore not paying a monthly fee any longer but just getting paid a percentage of all sales (or aesthetic work I do). My question: is my contract valid wih the new owners since it is a Franchise therefore the name on my contract does not change, or should I insist on signing a new contract with the new owners? Do I have any rights at all - can they ask me to leave at any time? Thanks!

Re: Occupancy Agreement with Owner- business sold as Franchise

Originally posted by Cinthia View Post
    I have an Occupancy Agreement with the owner of a Salon in Toronto, Canada, I pay a monthly amount to occupy one aesthetics room, he now sold his business to new owners, however, he sold it as a Franchise. The new owners verbally told me they would like to make quite a few changes - one being sharing my room with others therefore not paying a monthly fee any longer but just getting paid a percentage of all sales (or aesthetic work I do). My question: is my contract valid wih the new owners since it is a Franchise therefore the name on my contract does not change, or should I insist on signing a new contract with the new owners? Do I have any rights at all - can they ask me to leave at any time? Thanks!
    Without seeing the full text of that agreement, there's no way to know for sure. You'd be better off taking your Occupancy Agreement to a local real estate attorney and having them review it to answer your question.
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Re: Occupancy Agreement with Owner- business sold as Franchise

I wish to inform you that if you have signed any agreement with the owner then that cannot be altered by subsequent agreement of the owner with some other party. The owner cannot sign any agreement with the franchisee which violates any of your rights as per your agreement. If there has to be any change, then you must first sign a new agreement with the landlord which terminates the old agreement and stipulates the new terms and conditions. The new agreement can even be a tripartite agreement between you, the landlord and the franchisee.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X