X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renters property in a rural area

I rent in a rural area.
    I have lived here for almost thirteen years.
    I do not have a written lease.
    I have several cars and trucks,some running ,some not,also two campers and one boat.One car is being used to repair another.
    My landlord has told me that if I do not clean up the property he will raise my rent $50 dollars every month for 2 months,and then he will remove my property himself.

He is certainly entitled to raise the rent .But can he remove my property without my permission?

I am not behind on my rent.

He also says that my grandchildren's toys are an eyesore. They have a Rubbermaid playhouse and cars ,tricycles and swimming pool.He wants to haul these off ,too.
    Can He?
    If he does can I have him arrested for theft?

re: Renters property in a rural area

No--he cannot touch your property. He has to evict if he has some kind of problem with the view etc.

Comment

re: Renters property in a rural area

I have a similar situation. New apartment manager has decided to disallow bicycles on patio, even a fenced-in, lower level patio, due to "eye-sore". Manager says he will remove bikes from patios and charge for cost of removal. (I guess he plans on cutting bike locks?) Is an apartment renter free to place desired items on patio, such as bicycles, same as a house renter is free to place items in a yard (as long as renter is in a lease that does not disallow such)?

What is the legal citation/reference on this topic?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X