USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unfair -- Please give me any replies you have I have to go to court.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair -- Please give me any replies you have I have to go to court.

I have been living in my apartment for five months now, and ever since I moved in my landlord and I have not gotten along. My place shares water with the house next door and the bill is in the landlord's name. When I attempted to pay my first month's bill, he informed me that my neighbors told him that I had a man living with me. I told him my boyfriend spends the night occassionally but not enough to consider that he lives with me. He did not believe me. A month passed and when I tried to call to get the amount I owed he slapped an application in my hand and told me to have my boyfriend fill it out. I refused and he calls me the next day with the amount of my bill and tells me to pay it in 24 hours. I did not have the money so the next week he sends me a letter stating he will bring the police to my house to inspect and if I do not tell him my boyfriend's name he will evict me. He also stated he took my utilities deposit to cover my expenses. He never showed up but came a week later to ask me to tell my boyfriend's name. this time my boyfriend was here and the conversation got really heated. He tells me to pay the rent februrary and we will talk about the situation. By this time I'm fed up so I paid the rent and told him I might be moving by the end of the month. He proceeded to tell me he was not sorry to see me go and that I was "dogging" him out. He comes two weeks later asking can he show the place and I informed him that it was not ready. He then asked me will I still be moving out on the 2nd of march. I told him i will not be moving out that day and I did not know which day it will be but it is not the 2nd. He comes to my home at 7:00 am on march 2nd saying he is surprised to still se me here. I reminded him that I was not moving out on the 2nd and that I will be sending him the rent money for the days i am there. He asked me if I will send the utilities payment I owe. I refused because he sent me a certified letter saying he took my deposit. He then tells me he's evicting me for nonpayment of utilities, but I got my eviction papers today and he also added the stuff about my boyfriend and a stupid stain on the carpet that has since been cleaned. He 's really upsetting me and I don't know what to do. Please give me any replies you have I have to go to court on march 20th. anything will be helpful.

re: Unfair -- Please give me any replies you have I have to go to court.

You can argue that he in fact made it uninhabitable there for you; but pay any amounts due and agree a move-out date; the court will likely take no further action.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X