Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking Tenants to Move

I have a duplex and a tenant who has rented from me for about 7 years; he has been a fairly good tentant, quiet and has only been late on the rent once or twice in all that time. Within the last year he moved his elderly mother in with him, he asked me first and I was fine with that. I've only ever raised the rent once in seven years and am really not getting market value. He doesn't have a lease and has never had one; I don't have any security deposit or first/last month's rent. As you can probably tell, I'm kind of a reluctant landlord. Anyway, my daugher is almost twenty-three, in graduate school, and would like to move into the apartment. I need to ask my tenant to leave; I'm planning on giving him about three months notice. I'm just wondering if he has rights that might preclude him leaving or at least leaving within that time frame.

Re: Asking Tenants to Move

Not really. You can ask him to leave with 30 days notice but more notice is best and may avoid a conflict.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X