USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

early termination clause in lease (florida statute 83.585 1b)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early termination clause in lease (florida statute 83.585 1b)

Our lease includes a early termination clause stating that you may exit your lease by providing at least 60 days notice, with no further action required. We signed that paper. We put in our sixty days notice yesterday and were told we would have to pay rent on the apartment until it is rerented, regardless of our notice. No where on the early termination clause did it state this. When we informed the landlord of this issue, she said "we haven't updated the paper to state that policy, but that is the law" (florida statute 83.585 1b)

So my question is: Since there was an outdated paper in our lease saying we could provide 60 days notice with no strings attached, wouldn't that make our lease invalid or void-- and entitle us to the early termination policy we signed, whether it is a law or not?

If anyone could give me advice on this matter I would really appreciate it

re: early termination clause in lease (florida statute 83.585 1b)

The lease terms govern--if 60 days was allowed with no other penalty then that is what you can do.

Comment

re: early termination clause in lease (florida statute 83.585 1b)

Make sure you have a copy of the lease signed by both the Landlord and you. On your check to the Landlord or management company, notate in the memo portion that it is for payment of the early termination fee as indicated in the signed lease. Send certified mail return receipt requested. You may want to enclose a letter to the LL or mgmt. co. stating your position.

Comment

Re: early termination clause in lease (florida statute 83.585 1b)

Necropost much? That post that you responded to is OVER 4 YEARS OLD. I think by now that that ship has long since sailed.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X