Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eviction...What are my options?

I signed a one year lease with my brother last May.
    About a month before that happened I lost my job.
    I looked around my city for a job, it was hopeless.
    My girlfriend and I wanted to move to NYC.
    In July, I told my brother of my intention. Told him by September, I'm no longer living with you.
    Found my brother suitable roommate.
    Moved out in September.
    NYC didn't work out. Couldn't land a job. Was promised of job opportunities once we moved down there.
    Moved in with my girlfriend.
    Problem: My brother has had two roommates since september. both moved out because he could not save money towards rent and bills. Rent was always late. Eventually they were paying the rent a month and a half late.
    Real problem: I was never able to remove my name from the lease.
    Current problem: Eviction.
    What are my options? Do I have any options? Am I still liable and responsible to the lease?

Re: Eviction...What are my options?

If your landlord didn't release you from the lease you are still on it and responsible for the rent owed. You can pay the amount due to the landlord before the court date and prevent an eviction from going on your record, but that's about it. You can plead your case to the judge, but you are unlikely to win.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X