Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad spot: Girlfriend won't move out, can I just call the police?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: Bad spot: Girlfriend won't move out, can I just call the police?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im 26 yrs old..bought a house last year..the house is in my name only..I live with my girlfriend and HER kid..they have been living with me for like 2 years..recently I have found out that my girlfriend has cheated on me..I want her to move out but she says that she never did anything wrong and isnt going to leave..I know she cheated..I want her out..It is a bad situation because of her child(9yrs old)...can I just call the police and they will make her leave..what about the few things she has in the house? none of the bills are in her name..or do i have to go get a court document to have her removed from the house? Thank you for your time

It will only harm HER child, but seeing as you don't care about anyone but yourself, that will not matter to you. You can lie and falisy a police report and they will laugh in your face, arrest the both of you when she does the same back to you, and the police will definitely notify department of children services and remove her child, because you and her are not the victim, the child is.. HER child, as you have put it. I am honestly surprised she wants to stay with you anyways, probably because she didn't have another place on your short notice to make sure her chld had a roof over the childs head, so she is allowing you to accuse her of whats simply hear say. Also, whether true or not, after two yers I assume you would care for the child but apparently not. So call the police, or simple let her know you will be wasting alllllott of your money to a lawyer and a case that will go on for a lot longer than a month. Hope this helped you.

Comment

Well my dear, if you live in Canada, you are pretty much married. It doesn't matter if the house is in YOUR name, its hers too. It doesn't matter if its HER kid, you still get to pay child support and if she's not working, alimony. Tread carefully and go talk to a lawyer before you do anything you will REALLY regret.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrinafayemay5 View Post
        It will only harm HER child, but seeing as you don't care about anyone but yourself, that will not matter to you. You can lie and falisy a police report and they will laugh in your face, arrest the both of you when she does the samue back to you, and the police will definitely notify department of children services and remove her child, because you and her are not the victim, the child is.. HER child, as you have put it. I am honestly surprised she wants to stay with you anyways, probably because she didn't have another place on your short notice to make sure her chld had a roof over the childs head, so she is allowing you to accuse her of whats simply hear say. Also, whether true or not, after two yers I assume you would care for the child but apparently not. So call the police, or simple let her know you will be wasting alllllott of your money to a lawyer and a case that will go on for a lot longer than a month. Hope this helped you.
        Hog wash wouldnt do it to me ur a joke sabrina get a job

Comment

Originally posted by damanmoney View Post
          Hog wash wouldnt do it to me ur a joke sabrina get a job
          Soooo true. Sabrina is obviously a very experienced MOOCH. Take care of your own children. Get a job. Go after the birth father for support? Not a random boyfriend. Better yet, don't have children you can't support and/or are not in a long term committed relationship. Keep your legs closed! BOOOOHOOOOO, I can't support my child, the birth father is surprisingly not supporting our child. The same thoughts as you. Your child is everyone else's responsibility and when they can't or won't pay it's societies problem. Give me Welfare! How about give you responsibility, give you a conscience, give you the bill for your choices. GET A LIFE!!! Btw, most working/responsible people hate mooches like you. I'm sure its not too long until you claim your disabled due to lack of any humility and self esteem. Nice life loser.

Comment

The landlord from Ohio has provided some good information. I am right now in this mess where my live-in girlfriend will not leave. I own the house; she has no rent agreement - just pays a couple of hundred here and there. She has a serious drinking problem (straight vodka for breakfast at 7 am) and gets violent and threatens me with a knife. She will not leave. Been here about 13 months. You just can't put her out - it doesn't work like that. I'm in NJ. I've been on this computer for over 6 straight hours today researching this. Im not getting a lawyer - not yet. Have to file NOTICE TO QUIT. She doesn't go after the prescribed days then file with the court just like the Landlord from Ohio said. Eventually the authorities put her out and that's it. The notice to quit form must have copies - one delivered to her ( registered mail may be required - I'm gonna find out tomorrow) and the exact same document to the court. She has 250K stashed and a 50K car and still won't go. 19 years younger than me but this doesn't matter when she's drunk 24-7. Do a lot of research and construct the document correctly. Be sure to check the laws of your state!!! One more thing: There are FREE legal services if you dig around and they will answer questions about this over the phone.

Comment

You could call the police and have her removed when drunk and threatening you. I would make sure to have a few reports on file so she does not turn the tables.
              Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Here'a a followup from yesterday. I couldn't get advice from Legal Services Of New Jersey because they want income and assets information and I have dough so I couldn't use them. I did have a free 10 minute phone consultation with a legitimate attorney I found and he told me the easiest thing to do would be to file a restraining order and show the videos of her with the knife. He said 60% of the Notices to Quit are filled out incorrectly or have reasons given that do not apply to this type of notice and are therefore thrown out. The restraining order would work but I just don't have it in me to go through all this nonsense. What happened now is the TV acted up so i unplugged it and said we can't use it because it's a hazard. I'm not going to replace it and since all she does is drink, sleep and watch TV she's now going crazy without the it. It's divine intervention!! The microwave just busted and I'm not replacing that thing either!! You can't make this up!

Comment

I went through this about three years ago. There was major problems for 5 years that spilled over to a point where I snapped. Cops were called. I got arrested and court automatically had a 2 year restraining order on me. ( I should not have snapped, most unmanly thing I've ever done in my life). Anyway, I had to vacate my own house(sole owner) until I got a lawyer and went through the proper procedures. Long story short....6 months & $3000 later, I moved back in. Yes, a kid was involved, 14 at the time. At the hearing, I actually agreed to let her stay until the kid was out of school for the summer. Now, if your girl gets liquored up and pulls a knife on you, my friend, call the cops, a restraining order will automatically be issued through the court(whether you want one or not) and your FREE!!!

Comment

As a landlord in Ohio, I can tell you the sheriff will not remove anyone who has lived there for more than a month. Once they have been there 30 days, they are a resident of the place and have rights to occupancy. You have to give them written notice to vacate. If they do not leave, you file an eviction with the clerk of courts. The hearing will be about 3 weeks later. Then the judge will allow them 72 hours to vacate. If they still don't leave, you go to the clerk of court and schedule a set out. The sheriff will then come to the residence and set them out on the street. That's the only way the sheriff will take them out once they have been there a month. Otherwise, they will just tell you its a civil matter and they can't do it. Your attorney is wrong and I would get a new one!
                    I'm curious, in California, what would the case be if she has only been there for say, 21 days? Do different rules apply if it is less than 30 days, they are still considered a "guest" and after asking them politely to leave, they refuse?

Comment

I need help in a similar situation. I bought a house in Kentucky four months ago. My fiancé and her three kids moved in. Everything was good until recently. everything mortgage and utilities are in my name except the sanitation bill. She pays no rent and only buys food. She's made it clear if things don't work out she expects me to walk away from my house. And she has another house free and clear she owns. But she thinks she's keeping both houses. We are not married and have only lived together for four months. But she is acting really crazy and blames me for everything. I don't know what to do or how to protect myself from being ruined. She will say or do anything if the kids feel threatened. Even lie. I've seen her do it to others. What can I do to protect myself and get her to leave. She doesn't have enough income to pay her 300 car payment, let alone a 1200 mortgage. Please help.

Comment

I really want to know what I can do legally. I'm slightly afraid she will make accusations that something inappropriate happened with her daughter. The kids call me dad and we were all close until she met some guy at work and started group therapy for child abuse survivors. I'm really scared. I have a good job and cannot afford to let this woman ruin my life to get what she wants.

Comment

Please help.

Comment

1. Buy her out of your place (i.e., give her some cash to move back into her own house.

2. Begin the process of eviction after studying the laws for your state on how to do this (or hire an attorney familiar with the process.)

3. Quit playing house with women you are not married to.

Gail

Comment

I would hope NOBODY takes the above - very foolish and egregiously irresponsible - advice. None of it is lawful, all of it is immature and vindictive.

Utilize the court to evict legally. That is the only sound, legal way to handle this situation.
                              That's the best I've read or head. No lights, not water....lol.... She will be out by the first good **** that's for sure. In fact, maybe best o just leave the longer in they next to the eviction notice. Now that's a proper notice. Got my vote

Comment

I would hope NOBODY takes the above - very foolish and egregiously irresponsible - advice. None of it is lawful, all of it is immature and vindictive.

Utilize the court to evict legally. That is the only sound, legal way to handle this situation.
                                I agree. You will make it look like abandonment if your own house for one thing. For another, it makes you an ogre to treat them like that. The child deserves better. Surely you care somewhat what that child thinks of you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X