Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Ordinance (Missouri)

I moved into these apartments in Missouri, in March of last year. It was peaceful at first, but then around July we started hearing ear bursting loud music from the apartment above us, none stop all day and night. At first I thought something might have been wrong with the girl, because it stayed that way for about a week non-stop. I have three kids and I had just given birth to a newborn, so this was very disturbing for me. We approached her and asked her if she would turn it down, but she didn't. I then contacted the office manager, who told me that the girl had lived there for five years, and she didn't beleieve the girl could be doing it.I contacted the apartment security, and police they came out and asked her to turn it down, which when they left she'd just turn it back up. This continued for months. Then in October 2006, there was an incident where she had her cousin come to my door and threaten to hit me in the face. She couldn't so she threw syrup at my door and eggs at my patio window. We know have to move, because of my complaint, and the threat. But, even after all of these months she's still allowed to play this music all day and night as loud as she wants, and no one will do anything, even thou there's a city ordinance. The city's sent her letters, but won't even get involved because the police reported it as a neighborly fued. She also called DFS on me and said that I was abusing my children (which was a lie). I thought that was harrasment. Can anybody help us or let us know what other rights we have?

re: Noise Ordinance (Missouri)

It is permitted to break the lease if they have failed to comply with the lease and/or there are health, noise or safety concerns--but save all information, evidence etc. in case they dispute the situation and try to take you to small claims court.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X