USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roommate/Lease Agreement (close friends want to be our roommates)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roommate/Lease Agreement (close friends want to be our roommates)

My girlfriend and I just recently bought a house and will be paying mortgage payments starting in February. We had planned on having a couple of my close friends stay with us and of course pay for staying there. We had previously talked about a lease agreement but now they are saying that they want to bring up a roommate agreement because they want to be our roommates not our tenants. Is this even possible or necessary for us to do this since we are the rightful owners of the home? My girlfriend and I's name our the only names on the mortgage and we paid the earnest money/deposit for the house and plus did most of the fixing up of the house. I have looked over some roommate agreements and they all include the term landlord. Aren't we the landlords/owner of the property? Please help!

re: Roommate/Lease Agreement (close friends want to be our roommates)

They will be tenants; they should not have any problem with that.

Comment

re: Roommate/Lease Agreement (close friends want to be our roommates)

A tenant lease agreement would just concern renting space from you, however the roommate agreement would also include shared property/space, and mutual agreements since you will be living together and sharing the home.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X