X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking a person out? (Michigan)

Michigan

Hello, My Mother owns a house which used to be my Grandmothers. so we used it for a cottage.
    My Mother plans on leaving the house to my brother and he and his girlfriend have been living there for a few years, paying the taxes and house insurance, so now they are not getting along so well and she acts really mean and when he talks to her she dosnt respond to him. Anyway my Mother would like to kick her out and I was wondering what we have to do? She pays no rent and there is no lease or agreement.

thanks Robert.

re: Kicking a person out? (Michigan)

Anyone who has established residency cannot be kicked out by virtue of another person wanting them to leave.

Whoever owns the home would have to utilize court action in order to evict.

Comment

re: Kicking a person out? (Michigan)

There is no "we" unless you co own home or are the agent your Mother uses for tenant issues. Look up Michigan law on time frame for a "notice to vacate". Since there is no lease or rental agreement they are "tenants at will". This means the Landlord can terminate the tenancy (or vice versa) with proper notice. If the tenant(s) do not vacate within the time frame then the Landlord must file for eviction

Comment

Re: Kicking a person out? (Michigan)

I meant what can she do...This person pays nothing and there is no agreement

Comment

The rules for removal are basically the same give the tenant a "notice to vacate" in accordance with your state's laws

Comment

You should find what you need here Landlord Tenant

Comment

Thank You for the Help!!

Comment

Simply give the tenant a 30 day notice to vacate the premises. (I state law actually says the notice should equal in length the period of time between rent payments, But since no rent is being paid, 30 days would be a reasonable time.) Keep a copy of the notice. If the tenant(s) don't move out within that time, file to evict the person(s). What does the son have to say about his GF being kicked out? (Not that it has anything to do with the notice, but just asking for the sake of family unity.)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X