No announcement yet.

The rent check has been submitted on time

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The rent check has been submitted on time

    In november 2009 my account at the Credit union was unauthorized access. The credit union placed a hold on my account. My rent check had already been submitted and I contacted the manager to inform them of what was going. She said we would probably have to pay a late fee if the check doesn't go through. The credit union told us that the check was revoked but that the rental company did receive the rent payment electronically. The apt. manager wanted proof that the money had been taken by her company and not returned by to my account. The credit union provided the proof and spoke to the apt. manager with my permission. The apt. manager said that was all the proof she needed and everything was fine. The credit union showed in black and white that I paid $925 for rent. I had also paid them almost $1500 for rent and fees that said I owed even though rent was paid. This thursday with no notice from the complex I received an eviction notice stating I have to be out the apartment by wednesday of this week or pay them $2188. I went to the manager and asked her what was going on. She said that everything was fine and I was caught up. She claimed that her supervisor said they have not received the money. The credit union said that it not true. The records clearly show that apartment company went into my account and deducted the amount electronically and the funds were not returned. What can I do?

  • #2
    Re: The rent check has been submitted on time

    Get the written (printed) proof from the bank. Get it signed by an account manager there. Ask that he or she add a phone number where they can be reached about the transfer. Make a copy for your records. Send it to the manager by certified mail, rrr, or take it (with a witness) and hand deliver it to them. Have the manager sign that he received it. Let them know you have paid your rent and that you owe nothing. If it goes to suit, take your copy of this letter and show the judge. Then ask for monetary damages from the complex for a false eviction since they knew you had paid your rent. The eviction suit will remain a part of your permanent court record and will have you denied for housing in the future. Use that as the basis for monetary damages.


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  

    the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.