Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told my lease ending but my property management says its not

I have been sent several letters stating my lease is up, and have made plans to move to another stat and put deposits on another place and with a moving company. Now my property management says its not up for another month, thats what is stated in the lease. But the letters say in 2 weeks. What can I do?

re: I was told my lease ending but my property management says its not

Is your rent paid for this last month? If so, there is nothing to worry about. Give your notice that you are moving, and go ahead and move. Turn your keys in when you leave. The LL would only have a few extra days to get ready for the next tenant, that's all. And you won't have to rush to move your things.

If your rent isn't paid, look at the lease. You owe up to the end date of that. (It's your responsibility to know when it ends.) Perhaps they just wanted to know 2 weeks early if you planned to stay or not.

Comment

If they sent you that letter and you relied on that, they will have a hard time penalizing you for that even if the lease says otherwise. But if you knew it was an error then the lease really does still govern.

A small claims court could decide what is the situation if you two cannot agree.

It would seem tha you relied on that letter.

Comment

A case would go no where relying on that letter. As a legal contract, you are responsible to know what is in the lease you signed. That letter holds no force. It didn't tell you to get out in 2 weeks. It merely reminded you that the lease was ending. An honest error that you should have known about, had you checked your lease. You are responsible for what is in your lease.

Comment

A case would go no where relying on that letter. As a legal contract, you are responsible to know what is in the lease you signed. That letter holds no force. It didn't tell you to get out in 2 weeks. It merely reminded you that the lease was ending. An honest error that you should have known about, had you checked your lease. You are responsible for what is in your lease.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X