Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mr (leasing a house with one roomate in Florida)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr (leasing a house with one roomate in Florida)

Iam currently leasing a house for 12 months with 1 roomate in Florida. The roommate ask the landlord if she can get off the lease. He told her no problem. He told me she can leave as long as I can afford all the rent. He said if not he has someone that can move in right away and I can leave too. I dont want to move out, I also dont want the responsability of paying her rent also. What are my rights?

Re: mr (leasing a house with one roomate in Florida)

Looks as if you are at an impasse. The LL wants to allow the roommate to move. He wants to allow you to stay. But you can't afford the place without the roommate.

You could refuse to allow the roommate to terminate and try to hold the roommate to the lease. She or he will move out anyways and you will remain responsible for the whole rent. You would have to then sue the ex-roommate in small claims court for their 1/2 of the rent. A long process and not a good solution when you can't pay the rent in the meantime. Try to get the roommate to give you at least 30 days notice prior to moving out. Look for another roommate in that time. If you can't find one, you will have to give notice and move out too since you can't afford the place. Start looking for one now. Or look for another place to move to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X