Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

apartment lease (roommate refuses to sign the papers)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apartment lease (roommate refuses to sign the papers)

Me and my roommate were on a lease for an apartment together for 6 months, he told me he was kicking me out. So i did move and get a lease on my own, and now he refuses to sign the papers to take me off of the lease i have with him. What can i do about that?

Re: apartment lease (roommate refuses to sign the papers)

Your first mistake was moving out merely because he told you to. He cannot legally kick you out.

Comment

How long is the lease duration, and when did you move out? How many months into the lease did you move out? Once the lease expires, he cannot re-include your name unless you are there to sign it.

Comment

And has he gotten a new roommate? If he has replaced you with a new roommate and you can prove it, that can remove you from responsibility. This is, in essence, replacing you by re-renting your room.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X