Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signed one lease, not valid, sign new one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signed one lease, not valid, sign new one?

I signed a 1-year lease prior to move-in. Then our move-in date, deposits, pet deposits, and other various things changed due to multiple issues and problems w/ the newly built duplex. The owner said he'd write us a new lease to reflect all changes. Checked w/ him several times, always said he'd get it done. Now, 6 months after living there, i have put in my 30 day notice to vacate. He now says he had the new lease ready, but i will be reqiured to stick to the original one if i'm moving. If this original lease was valid, then why would he want me to sign a new one? Is it my problem it took him over 6 months to draw up a new valid lease? Is the original valid if all the info is wrong?? I know this will end up in small claims because i am refusing to pay his "2 month buy-out". Any help, this is a tricky one!!!!

I do have documentation on all issues that occurred to make the lease change.
    Thank you sooooooo much!!!!!!

Re: Signed one lease, not valid, sign new one?

You can argue the first lease was invalidated when all sides agreed that all material terms were changing--and he never did sign a second lease so you were there month to month.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X