X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rent arrear

United Kingdom London (SE23 1RJ)

I have just received a letter from the Estate Agency, informing me of an arrear since July 2009.
    I am surprise by the delay of reaction, and also the credibility of the statement. Refering to my Rent Book which was signed and dated for that month even though their quaterly account shows the missing payment. What are my legal options for this matter?

Re: rent arrear

In this you will first have to draft the letter to the Estate Agency stating that no rent is due from you. You may attach a copy of Rent book showing the signatures that the rent has been paid and there is no rent in arrear for the period stated by Estate Agency. If however your Estate Agency still does not agree and goes to litigation then in court you can show that rent was paid by you and as the charge is frivolous, therefore, the court should grant you damages. In this the court will decide after keeping all the proof in front of it.

AFF

Comment

Re: rent arrear

Rent arrear

(Law) a rent reserved on a conveyance of land in fee simple, or granted out of lands by deed; - so called because, by a covenant or clause in the deed of conveyance, the land is charged with a distress for the payment of it.
      - Blackstone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X