Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 3 year old and a new neighbor smoking (TX)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3 year old and a new neighbor smoking (TX)

My family and I now have new neighbor and they smoke inside (witch the appartment alows) I smoked at one time but havent for 4 years so when smelling the smoke I get really sick I have even tried anti-nausea and I still get extremely sick! I also have a 3 year old daughter whom I am really worried about second hand smoke! Do I have any options or am I SOL??

Re: My 3 year old and a new neighbor smoking (TX)

Sorry. But if smoking is permitted in the units, the neighbors are doing nothing they shouldn't do. They are within their rights to do so. Why do you smell it so strongly inside your unit? Check the vents to see if cold air returns or heat vents are linked together. If not, I can see no reason why you would smell the neighbor's smoke so strongly. If no vents are connected to the neighbor's, caulk around pipes and wires (and cracks) that come into the unit from that side.

Comment

The previous neighbor had a plumbing leak where I smell it so strong the only thing i can think is that the water deteriorated the insulation between the walls because the bathrooms are upstairs directly next to our air handler and they seem to only smoke downstairs like if you would like I can send a pdf file with the floor paln our and the neighbor are the same. (will help with the discription).

Comment

If the smell is coming through the bathroom, go in there with some caulk. Open doors under the sink and caulk around every pipe. Caulk behind or beneath the toilet where the water pipe comes in for that. Make sure silicone caulk surrounds the spigots in the tub, the handles, and the showerhead. If needed, take off the vent cover in that room and caulk around the ductwork, then replace the cover. Look carefully for any other cracks like at the floor and caulk those as well.

Comment

Before you do any of this caulking work yourself, make sure you have permission from the landlord to do so. Or have the landlord do it.

It's not a wise idea to make reparations to a landlord's residence without their expressed consent or even knowledge.

No floor plan is needed. If the smoke is bothering you, complain to the landlord and have him/her take care of the problem. The neighbors are in their own unit and are not violating their lease, if they are allowed to smoke in the apartment.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X