Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Does It Belong To Anyway

I rented a partially furnished house for 2 years. The house has been sold, unfurnished , and I am renting from the new owner until April 2007. There is no mention of furniture in the lease. Before signing the lease the new owner told me she had purchased one piece of furniture that would continue to be left in the house for my use.

The new owner now says she wants to buy more of the furniture from the original owner and they want to come to the house. The original owner also wants to take other things with her.

I don't want the original owner in the house and I don't want to be responsible for any other furniture the new owner buys. Who does the furniture belong to anyway? I'm very upset by this, I live here. Shouldn't the furniture have been dealt with before the house was sold? Perhaps the new owner figured she'd get it for nothing. I won't be here very long and I would like them to figure it out after I leave. BTW, the original owner is a relative who refused to sell me the house.

Thank you

Re: Who Does It Belong To Anyway

Review your lease terms but you could insist that no major disruptions occur until your lease ends. You could go to small claims court if you have to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X