Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rent to own - taxes has not been paid

I am renting to own a home. I have lived here for over a year. One month after I started renting, the landlord sent me a letter which stated, I have sold the house to such and such and he said he will honor the lease. I have never heard from this person. The other day a letter came to my house addressed to the new landlord. Although I did not open the letter my daughter held it up the the light and read part of the contents. The letter was from a mortage or bank stating that the payments were behind and needed to be paid by a certain date. The very next day a sign was posted in my front yard stating the taxes has not been paid and the house would be sold. Even though I have a lease from the proir landlord and my insurance and taxes are to be included in the payment, do I have a leg to stand on or am I just out of luck????? Please help me. thanks

You may sue him in small claims or other court for violating the lease agreement, and you may collect damages. You may want to inform him of that asap.

Comment

rent to own 2nd question

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You may sue him in small claims or other court for violating the lease agreement, and you may collect damages. You may want to inform him of that asap.
      Thank you for your answer. Should I continue to send payments to the landlord or should I move out because of the tax levy sign?? I am really confused. I don't know how to handle this! If I move will I be violating the lease, if I stay will I get evicted for taxes or foreclosure if it comes to that? Do I send him a registered letter about the sign in the yard, I probably should not know about the payments not being made? Please advise> thanks

Comment

You normally should still pay for any time you are actually there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X