Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Stuff and Costs to retrieve, After Eviction

1.Can my landlord hold my personal property since my security deposit is not nearly enough to cover the cost of cleaning, damages, and moving my stuff out of the house into storage?

2. Can my landlord charge me to move my belongings from storage on their property to a neutral ground for me to take possession, because the landlord does not want me to come onto their property anymore, since I have been evicted by the Sheriff and the Landlord is now in possession of the house as well as my personal property, that I left behind?

3. When I was evicted, I left a lot of junk and possessions and garbage behind. Can the landlord make me take the things I left that I don't want, if and/or when I take the stuff I do want? Can I pick and choose what I want and leave the rest behind on the landlord's property?

4. What can the landlord do to me about the "mess", he claims, I left on his property, like old cars and motorcycles, car and motorcycle parts, and various types and kinds of scrap materials?

5. As far as the landlord moving my stuff out of the house, after I was evicted, who or what determines what is a reasonable cost for them to charge me for that? What if I could have done it for 6 dollars an hour, and the Landlord is trying to charge me for 30 dollars an hour? Is that excessive? What if I want to contest that?

He should return your items but can charge you the local market rates for cleaning, storage, moving services if he has to hire them or do it himself etc. And he can sue you if the deposit is not enough to cover the costs. You can of course object and give you version of events in court if you disagree.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X