Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leasing 3 bedrooms but only access to 2

Our partment management gave two days notice to enter my 3 bedroom apartment for a three day project to repair weather damage to the building. The whole unit is getting ready for external paintng. In the process we lost complete access to my son's bedroom and it's contents as everything was taped and covered with plactic. The window was removed and the floor broken up. Three days of that we then had to move all the items out of the room entirely (which cluttered up our other living spaces) as the crew continued. Twice the crew came in unannounced and also entered once well after normal business hours. Some days they only worked a couple of hours and other days no one even showed up. Twelve days into this project things are finally put together and we moved the items back. However the blinds are broken and the enterior wall needs painting due to dirt and splatterd cement. There is white paint on the floor by the front door and I spent over an hour picking out dried plaster from the carpet, dusting and then vacuuming up after the crew. Now our landlord says we are not entitled to any compensation for loss of the room or our inconvenience. WA State.

You may sue for any and all damages in small claims. Let them know you may do that if they will not resolve these open issues regarding damages.

Comment

That was resolved fast

After reading your reply I went to my Landlord this morning with a day to day documentation of our inconvenience during the project. Armed with photos, a detailed time-line of the the process, a list of current damages and knowledge of my rights, the Landlord finally offered a fair deduction of my October's rent. Before accepting the concession I demanded (nicely) a written and singned work-order for the remaining damages to be taken care of by mid next week. If the Landlord doesn't comply he agreed to further concessions which is documented on the work order. I'll hang on to the our written agreement and see what happens. THANKS! Lisa

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X