USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modification of Lease: Can my wife and the landlord decide between themselves?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification of Lease: Can my wife and the landlord decide between themselves?

My wife and I have a divorce proceeding through the courts. We currently live in a rental and both of us signed the lease. She asked for and received permission from the landlord (not me) to vacate the premises and gave the landlord a 30-day notice letter (what the landlord asked for). Can my wife and the landlord decide between themselves, without me, to remove her from the lease, leaving me as the only tenant? It seems that since all three of us signed the lease, than all three of us need to agree to its early termination.

You are correct and could even sue her in small claims--but since you are in divorce proceedings as well, the divorce court should rule on that and help to divide the payment obligations.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X