Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOA dues on Foreclosure

We are currently going through a foreclosure in the state of Washington with adate of sale on February 4, 2011. We had been paying our HOA dues up until December, and then stopped because we thought the condo would be sold. It has since been delayed and we received notice from our HOA that we owed back HOA dues and if we didn't settle up they would hire an attorney to recoup the funds. Are we responsible until the bank takes possession? What happens if we don't pay the fees. Thank you for your responses.

Re: HOA dues on Foreclosure

I wish to inform you that laws of your state laws will govern HOA claims. Generally HOA can have a lien on the condo and in foreclosure sale HOA dues will also be paid. The owner of the premises is liable for HOA dues therefore you are liable till your are owner of the premises. Generally when a home is foreclosed on, all junior liens are wiped out, including liens for unpaid HOA.

AFF

Comment

Re: HOA dues on Foreclosure

I have seen this news that talks about foreclosure issues. In the news they have mentioned that an individual's credit reliability is dependent upon lots of variables, most of which could be controlled in one way or another. What state an individual resides in, however, can't be manipulated short of moving somewhere else. A brand new study rates all fifty states in order of their creditworthiness. I think one factor that really affects bad credit is being unemployed because how can you be able to pay all those debts if you don't have money, right?

I found this here:
      Study ranks states for creditworthiness

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
      X