Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder Won't Make Warranty Repairs

I bought a new home in California about 3/30/06. By about 4/30/06 I gave the builder a list of problems with the home (the most noteable of which is a warped $900 door that does not seal with the doorframe). Other problems include garage doorpanels have come unglued and now make noise, doors drag or do not seal and whistle when the wind blows, windows are warped and do not shut without extra effort, large recurring cracks in grout on countertops, and the front yard is landscaped but the soil does not appear to have been properly prepared and everything continues to die with more than adequate care. Which of these areas are valid new home warranty claims and how do I get them enforced? I'm running out of time. From what I understand the new home warranty is for one year. My builder keeps putting me off. He says he'll be by "next week" or in "two weeks" and I wait for months and never hear from him. I call and leave messages and he never returns my call. To me the $900 door is a big issue. I notified him about it the same week we bought the house and he said he'd replace it and still nothing!

Re: Builder Won't Make Warranty Repairs

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against him now for all of those things (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X